• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Wearable?

afallucca

Lurker
Jun 18, 2020
I am interested in a smartwatch that will work with my phone (Samsung Galaxy s9 plus) that will track steps and sleep. But most importantly will allow me to respond to messages from the KiK app. I believe it would connect through bluetooth to do this.

The Galaxy watch or active 2 watch I think will do this but I'm not sure. The Fitbit Versa 2 will only allow preset messages.

Any other options? What should I know?

In the end, I want to be able answer KiK messages from my watch so I dont have my phone out at work.

Thank you.

im also interested in getting a watch with my note 10 plus. galaxy watch and active 2 seem so similar. can anyone tell me the exact differences? plus galaxy watch 3 will get announced tomorrow, further blurring the lines between all of them!
the galaxy watch face is much bigger then the active 2. other then that they are very similar. i wear both depending on mood. i need to replace the galaxy watch band as i lost a loop to keep the band together, if that made any sense. so until i get a replacement band i have been wearing the active for the past week. other then that they are pretty much the same. both have the same os running. it is more of a style preference i guess. i will be looking to see what the next gen sammy watch will look like.

is the samsung event tomorrow? if so that is to bad as i have a full schedule of work to do. might have to watch the highlights when i get off of work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones