• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A whole heap of odd problems with my LG Optimus 2x!

AirforceOne

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
Hello folks, I don't know who to turn to, you guys really are my last hope! I am grateful for any feedback and as a courtesy I will keep things clear and concise.

1. Bought new LG Optimus 2X (white edition) from eBay, locked to a Spanish network

2. Unlocked phone to accept a UK T-Mobile SIM card using code purchased from internet

3. Phoned worked OK, except for Google Navigation (GN). Using GPS Test app, I could 'see' 5 - 8 satellites and eventually it did lock to 2 - 4 of those, but immediately thereafter when I launched GN, the phone did nothing and just sat there thinking and 'searching'...

4. To fix the above, I did a hard factory reset. This made things worse as now I don't even have an internet connection. Whether it is Google Play or a browser, it simply says "no connection"

My WIRELESS & NETWORKS settings look like this:

Data enabled - checked

Data roaming - unchecked

Network mode - GSM / WCDMA (auto mode)

Network operators --> Search networks --> do I ask it to select a network automatically or shall I select T-Mobile UMTS or T-Mobile GSM?

Any idea what else could be wrong / I am missing? Internet, Google Play and Gmail did work, they no longer do after I hard reset. I am sure I have an incorrect configuration, maybe the phone by default is trying to get to the net via the Spanish carrier it was originally locked to?

:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones