• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About Sprint?

Since im on an EVO page. My question is, how is the Sprint service for you? I mean i have Boost right now and you cant beat $60 a month(blackberry). But recently a family member told me they were leaving Sprint to Boost due to poor service and some other reasons. So i was wondering if anyone else has any negative things about Sprint? I personally am still getting the EVO but i just want to see whats ur history been with them. I was told by a Sprint dealer that i would be paying $150 a month for 2 EVOs for my wife and I. Everything unlimited except LAN calls. Which doesnt seem to bad for 2 EVOs unless im wrong. So maybe someone could inlighten me. Thanks

I think it depends largely on where you are. To be honest I have heard bad things about Sprint where I am, but I took the plunge and couldn't be happier. I am not sure where all the Sprint trash talk is from (at least from my area). I have 3g everywhere I go in the state and have yet to find a place without reception. Obviously mileage will vary depending on your location.

The price sounds right, but just remember the unlimited plan is unlimited CELL calls on any network. Landline calls still use your pool of minutes. On a family plan this might be something like 700 minutes or so. Just thought I would point that out.

Upvote 0
Yeah i know about the Unlimited to any mobile, but we have a house phone still so if anyone calls im just going to tel them house phone or nothing lol. I just wasnt sure if the price was right. Im in Lanaster, PA and my buddy has Sprint so i havent heard him complain about it but i was just wondering.

Sounds right to me.

It should break down to $69.99 per line for the unlimited everything
$10 per line for the "premium data"
And then taxes, etc.

I suspect it comes out a bit cheaper as a family plan.

Upvote 0
Everything Data Family 1500: $130 - any discounts you may have + 20 (10 dollar smart phone tax per line).

EDIT:
Dont forget to see if you qualify for discounts... there are tons available, depending on where you work, where you bank, if your a AAA member, etc. Find the highest one and let Sprint know and youll get a discount every month too.

http://androidforums.com/sprint/81670-do-i-qualify-discount.html

Upvote 0
it has an extra battery!!! not 2 in the phone.

and it is a stupid smartphone! to many dumb things in its design to talk about.

sprint has great service where I am at.... your location plays a huge impact on your over all satisfaction of the service... so you better make sure with local users that you can ask directly.

Upvote 0
I have the EVO and Optimus. Love, love, love the EVO; use the Optimus as my carry-around "baby" EVO. Now that I've rooted it and use a custom ROM it is simply fantastic :D As for coverage, Sprint has been great for me. I like the fact that unlimited does mean unlimited, so I don't worry about keeping up with texts, data, calls, etc. Yes, I'm not exactly happy about the new $10 smartphone fee, but since I'm happy with my service I'm inclined to stay with Sprint because it still costs less (right now, anyway) than the competition. Of course, as others have said, what it boils down to is what is best for you and your situation. If people you know say that coverage is good, give them a try for 30 days and see how they work for you. Good luck :)

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones