1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Access to Call button from anywhere

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkrathi, Sep 21, 2010.

1. kkrathi

kkrathi Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    I dearly dearly miss the the separate call button in my prior phone, that I could access no matter what app or screen I was in. With android, it is huge step backward, where you have to first click the home screen to get to the call button.

Please tell me I am overlooking something very simple because I cannot imagine Android missing out such a big part. Or please tell me if there is a better home screen replacement that does exactly what I mentioned above. Will really appreciate any responses.

I own Samsung Captivate, Android 2.1 - all stock apps so far.

KR

Advertisement

2. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Maybe not a total answer but if you use the phone as a phone a lot, if you hard press the large arrow key it will take you to a frequently used aps screen and you can choose phone from there. I wish there was a way to lock that in though. What is good is this works from inside any app without closing the app.

3. rfound

rfound Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    You know that's the "Home" Key right?

Its a picture of a house (though it does look sorta like an arrow).

NJR likes this.
  4. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    CA, USA
    Depending on how long it's been since you've last used the touch screen it may require one or two presses to illuminate it revealing the phone button. This is a pretty standard arrangement for today's touchscreen phones.

If you find this completely unacceptable a smartphone may not be for you.

Returning to a basic feature phone with mechanical buttons may be your best move.

5. SudoSamurai

SudoSamurai Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    QuickDesk: QuickDesk BETA - Android app on AppBrain

Still in beta, but gives you an extra "homescreen" you can bring up overtop of anything you're currently in. You double-tap the home button to summon it. Anything you can place on a homescreen, you can place in QD, including a shortcut to the phone.

Also, it doesn't mess with replacement homescreens. I use it with LauncherPro and no issue so far.