• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help accessibility not working

god i'm so tired of this complete garbage android is. why the hell do all of apps to record phonecalls break after a bit of using them and give this error? only way to fix is reinstall

fNiI83q.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would help if you actually provided some necessary details in order to make relevant suggestions.
What phone do you have?
Which version of Android is it running?
Just which phone recording app(s) are you having a problem with?
Did you install them from the Google Play Store or sideload them from downloaded APKs?
Are you having similar problems with other apps or just those phone recording apps?

When you run into a problem, do you just reinstall the app in the hope that solves your problem or do you anything with the app first? (i.e. Clear the app Data. or delve into the app's Settings menu and adjust the app to suit your situation and/or your mystery device.)
And just offhand, go into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the Clean Master app listing, tap on the Force stop button, find and open the Clear Data button, then tap on the Uninstall button. Restart your phone just in case that app's process is still running in the background. You should be trying to make your phone run more efficiently and reliably, don't muck it down with those kinds of apps that claim to magically make your phone better.

Upvote 0
Call recording has long been an issue with Android for the last few editions, and it seems to have been deprecated altogether, with Google having their typical non-response to the users' wishes.

You can, however, use a Wi-Fi calling app that allows for call recording.
Dingtone is an app I have used for years that has this feature.

Upvote 0
Call recording has long been an issue with Android for the last few editions, and it seems to have been deprecated altogether, with Google having their typical non-response to the users' wishes.

You can, however, use a Wi-Fi calling app that allows for call recording.
Dingtone is an app I have used for years that has this feature.

But there's also various country or region telecom approvals and telecom privacy laws that Google and the phone-makers must comply with as well.

Call recording with any Android device has never been a problem for me of course. :) All Android phones I've bought(both in Hong Kong and mainland China), have had call recording as standard, no extra app required. However I do have one phone that doesn't, a Galaxy S7 that was originally supplied by Vodafone in the UK.

Upvote 0
god i'm so tired of this complete garbage android is. why the hell do all of apps to record phonecalls break after a bit of using them and give this error? only way to fix is reinstall

fNiI83q.jpeg

And talking of "complete garbage"...Clean Master aka spyware snake oil. Maybe it's CM that's stopping your CallApp from working?

Last edited:
Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
But there's also various country or region telecom approvals and telecom privacy laws that Google and the phone-makers must comply with as well.

Call recording with any Android device has never been a problem for me of course. :) All Android phones I've bought(both in Hong Kong and mainland China), have had call recording as standard, no extra app required. However I do have one phone that doesn't, a Galaxy S7 that was originally supplied by Vodafone in the UK.

The user is responsible for the use of the product, not the producer.

Does your car only go as fast as the speed limit?
Will the manufacturer pay a speeding ticket for you, or reimburse you?

If it is illegal to record calls, then Android devices Lollipop and before that would have been banned in those areas, with that thinking.

But they were not, because like with any product it is the user's responsibility to use the product in a legal manner.

Upvote 0
The user is responsible for the use of the product, not the producer.

Well the producer is responsible for their phones meeting telecoms approvals, otherwise they're illegal to use on the networks, e.g. FCC approval, BABT in the UK, etc.

Does your car only go as fast as the speed limit?
Will the manufacturer pay a speeding ticket for you, or reimburse you?

Well the manufacturer is very responsible and has to pay up, if the cars don't meet legal emission standards(hello VW), or the airbag blows up in your face when it shouldn't(hello Takata), or the brakes don't work and you crash(hello Honda).

In just about any country there are statuary approvals for cars, before they can be licensed and driven on the road.

And cars that can only go as fast as the speed limit, and fitted with a govt mandated speed limiter at the factory. that could happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would help if you actually provided some necessary details in order to make relevant suggestions.
What phone do you have?
Which version of Android is it running?
Just which phone recording app(s) are you having a problem with?
Did you install them from the Google Play Store or sideload them from downloaded APKs?
Are you having similar problems with other apps or just those phone recording apps?

When you run into a problem, do you just reinstall the app in the hope that solves your problem or do you anything with the app first? (i.e. Clear the app Data. or delve into the app's Settings menu and adjust the app to suit your situation and/or your mystery device.)
And just offhand, go into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the Clean Master app listing, tap on the Force stop button, find and open the Clear Data button, then tap on the Uninstall button. Restart your phone just in case that app's process is still running in the background. You should be trying to make your phone run more efficiently and reliably, don't muck it down with those kinds of apps that claim to magically make your phone better.
xiaomi mi 10t

android 11

i tried 5 different recording apps and they all ahve the issue

google play

i only have issues with recording apps

when i run into a problem i clean data and uninstall.

cleaner master works. it removes files if you're too lazy to do so yourself, idk why people talk shit about the app, yeah someone who doesn't understand the app might claim it's misleading. but it does help to find old stuff i want to delete so i don't see the issue...

Upvote 0
xiaomi devices are kinda driving me crazy, my last 2 phones were xiaomi, i sure miss my huawei mate 10 pro... much better system overall... and call recording was pre-installed too.... (it's android 10 too)

I still have my Huawei Mate 10, although I only use it as a remote zapper for the TV, Android box, and air-con now, because it has an IR blaster. I bought a new Samsung Glaxy Note20 Ultra 5G last month, and does call recording as standard. Because phones are allowed to record calls in this country.

Upvote 0
I still have my Huawei Mate 10, although I only use it as a remote zapper for the TV, Android box, and air-con now, because it has an IR blaster. I bought a new Samsung Glaxy Note20 Ultra 5G last month, and does call recording as standard. Because phones are allowed to record calls in this country.

well who cares if it's not allowed there are ways around it, don't let your government take away your freedom's, recording calls is a right. period, if i can see it and hear it i can record it. just like they can't stop you from recording in a public place they shouldn't be able to stop you from recording phone calls, this is absurd.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
well who cares if it's not allowed there are ways around it, don't let your government take away your freedom's, recording calls is a right. period, if i can see it and hear it i can record it. just like they can't stop you from recording in a public place they shouldn't be able to stop you from recording phone calls, this is absurd.

Back in the days of rotary dial phones, when you rented the phone from the telco, you could stick a magnetic pickup to the phone's receiver, and you recorded calls to a cassette. Of course then there was no electrical connection between the phone line and the recorder, and the telco and govt couldn't do anything about it.

From what I've read on AF many call recording apps relied on the phone been in handsfree loudspeaker mode, and so was just recording the call's sound using the phone's microphone. Which is really the analog hole method of recording.

EDIT:
A user posted on AF last week, that apparently OnePlus phones have call recording as standard in their Oxygen OS(which comes from China), but it might be disabled depending on the inserted SIM's country, like in UK or USA. Which is presumably to meet telecommunications approval requirements in those countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones