• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessing music controls for third party apps

reddyme6

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
Hi,

I moved from Iphone to Galaxy nexus and wanted to know how can i access music controls from the pattern lock screen. For example, if i use an app like iHeartRadio and wanted to skip,pause tracks from the lockscreen what do i need to do. Is there any widget app that lets me do this? On the Iphone double tapping the home button brought up the controls on the screen. But sadly i have not been able to find an app on the Nexus for this. I bought widgetlocker but it didnt work..:(:(

Any help would be appreciated...

The app itself (iHeartRadio for example) has to have the widget with those options built in to the app. The iHeartRadio app does not appear to have those features on it's widget.. just the Play and Pause button from what I can see.

Here's mine with JetAudio Basic and WidgetLocker:

Screenshot_2012-08-07-22-07-46.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones