• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories for the Note 8.0

drexappeal

Extreme Android User
Apr 8, 2010
West LA, CA
Figured I start a thread. I'm going to try to find more links, but these are the only ones I've found so far:

First look at the Galaxy Note 8 car dock | Android Central

It's a universal version of the car dock (similar to the one for the s3/Note 2), but some people might like it. If I were to dock this thing in the car, I'd have a completely custom setup to where I could dock the tablet and it would be my dedicated car head unit. I went to youtube the other day and found a lot of links where people had custom setups made to dock their android tablets in their car (like a double din touchscreen headunit).

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Book Cover | Android Central

I'll likely get some sort of book cover. I'm hoping there's one that's released that will have an integrated keyboard, but even if something like that isn't released, I have a mini bluetooth keyboard waiting to be used (purchased via google offers for $29).

Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Stand Pouch | Android Central

This pouch is interesting also. I'm always a little more fond of cases or holders that have a kickstand (although integrated kickstand has always been more of my preference). For tablets, I'm ok using cases, since they're not ideal for 1 handed operation anyway.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - HardwareZone.com.sg

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Accessories

Galaxy Note 8 Accessories ← Accessories for Samsung's Galaxy Note 8.0

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Here are the pics of the IVSO keyboard cover. Perfect for work.

20130524_200549.jpg

20130524_200615.jpg

20130524_200701.jpg

20130524_200726.jpg

Upvote 0
So, I've been pretty obsessed with Bluetooth adaptors/dongles (vs. bluetooth headsets), ever since I took a shot at using the HS3000 in my car.

For those of you interested, I just purchased another HS3000 from this seller, who happens to have another one on sale right now. $36 is the cheapest price you'll find anywhere:

Samsung HS3000 Clip on Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones 635753491395 | eBay

Additionally, I'm taking a stab at trying this Sony MW1 out that comes with a microSD slot, FM Radio, and 3.5mm jack. It also displays tracks and messages.

Sony Smart Phone Headset Earpiece | Smart Wireless Headset pro | MW1 | Sony USA

Amazon.com: Sony MW1BTWHP Smart Wireless Headset pro - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here it is on Amazon:
They also have a seller that's selling the Lite version, which excludes the microUSB charger (but any android addict should have a ton of those around the house anyway)

Amazon.com: Sony MW1 Smart Wireless Headset Pro Lite: Cell Phones & Accessories

It got the only one available on J&R website for slightly cheaper, but not by much. My basic goal behind all of this is to have a mono bluetooth headset for my phone in the car (which I already have in the Jawbone Era), a stereo bluetooth headset for when I'm out and about all day (The Sony MW1 will serve that purpose and I could use any of the 3.5mm headsets I own, which is way more than I need), as well as a secondary bluetooth dongle to connect to my PhanBot at work (the HS3000 I bought from that seller will be at the office).

Some might say that the cheap ones are just as good, but the sound quality on the HS3000 far exceeded any of the cheap ones I've tried, so I figured I'd give the MW1 a shot. For those that like the idea of having a separate FM radio tuner on the go, but don't want to spend the money on the MW1, you can try the MW600

Sony Ericsson MWM600 MW 600 Hi Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headphones FM Radio | eBay

I might give that one a try at some point as well.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones