• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Accidentally Deleted Text Messaging through system/app.. how to recover, please help!

I just learned how to root my Droid X tonight and was going through the "pre-approved' list of "deletable file" and ended up deleting my Text Messages icon and have been unable to open texting and this sucks. HOw can I get it back on my phone so I can send/receive text? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

systemapp2.1.zip for 2.1, and
systemapp2.2.rar for 2.2 :)

Lol i finally put two and two together... it was a dumb question i know... now since your the only person i've been able to get help from could you please advise how i get these files to my phone after the files are downloaded to my pc? I'm literally 2days old at this rooting/android stuff... thanks again

Upvote 0
Seeing how I have a similar problem I was wondering if
Anyone could help.

Im on Froyo and rooted, I accidentally deleted swype and can't figure
how to get it back. I found the system dump, grabbed it then moved it to system/apps
Gave user all permissions and the other two read only the rebooted. Just kept getting FCs
Deleted. Grabbed again and tried to plain install and still got FCs.
How do I put swype back on??

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem. I have the Vibrant and I deleted the SmS Messaging software. I used titianium backup but it didnt work to restore. I thought i could just use chomp SMS. Now i can only send texts but I'm not recieving any. I unrooted and did a factory reset to no avail. what do i do? plz n thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones