• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DESPERATE: Restore deleted text messages back onto phone!!

Hi,

I have a number of messages related to a legal matter that we inadvertently DELETED 9 days ago. I can use an app like DroidKit to see the messages, restore them to PC - but I can NOT restore them back to the device!

Since the phone is part of an ongoing investigation and I don't want it to appear as tampering I want to RESTORE those messages back to the original thread. They have not been overwritten and I just want to UNDELETE them.

To be clear, I am NOT trying to restore from backup, but rather the private data store where they are marked deleted but have not yet been overwritten. I only need to RESTORE them to the Message data store on the same phone. If there is a backup, I can't do a full reload - I need the option to ONLY restore text messages. I may have some Google backups but that's it.

Does anyone know how to do that? The phone is a Samsung S23 Ultra. I only use Textra as my messaging app.

Please help. Any assistance is greatly appreciated !!

Last edited:
This is what I use, as it backs up your text messages on a daily basis, automatically.
If you did not already have a backup in place, you may be out of luck.
You can try contacting your carrier and see if they can help you.

Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones