• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cant load android system, your data may be corrupt (motorola e7)

mikpike4

Lurker
Jul 21, 2023
My motorola e7 just broke and i get this message:
"cant load android system, your data may be corrupt",
and then have to chose between "try again" and "factory reset".

Is it possible to save or restore all the data from it?
I have so many pictures on the phone i dont want to loose but also i have a decent amount of crypto on it.

If reset is the only option, i would still not do that, beccause then i would save some money a few months and send it to some professional, but thats absolutey the last option.

What about wondershare?
Here they say something about that you can do factory reset and then restore the data with their program:

a lot of recovery programs on the interwebs are most likely scams from what i have come across. i would be very careful with what you read.

as far as photos go.....check your google photos and see if they are backed up on the cloud......unless you turned off that service.
yeah, that service/back up is off, so that wont work.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah, that service/back up is off, so that wont work.
should have kept it on. i never have to worry about my videos or photos that i take. they are automatically saved on the cloud.......just for future references. if you chose to turn that service off, then you should start a habit of backing your phone up periodically.

anyways, if your system partition is corrupted then your data is most likely lost.....unless you backed them up earlier which sounds like you did not.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
should have kept it on. i never have to worry about my videos or photos that i take. they are automatically saved on the cloud.......just for future references. if you chose to turn that service off, then you should start a habit of backing your phone up periodically.

anyways, if your system partition is corrupted then your data is most likely lost.....unless you backed them up earlier which sounds like you did not.
and what about this:

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well from both a basic security and a privacy aspect, you will have to provide some kind of authentication you're the actual owner of the phone itself.
Since the phone apparently won't boot up properly, obtaining the phone's serial number will be a more involved task. Try one on these suggestions, from Motorola's site:
The easiest might be to just log into the web site for your cellular service account, the serial number/IMEI will likely be listed there. That's how your carrier identifies your phone model to use their service.

Upvote 0
Well from both a basic security and a privacy aspect, you will have to provide some kind of authentication you're the actual owner of the phone itself.
Since the phone apparently won't boot up properly, obtaining the phone's serial number will be a more involved task. Try one on these suggestions, from Motorola's site:
The easiest might be to just log into the web site for your cellular service account, the serial number/IMEI will likely be listed there. That's how your carrier identifies your phone model to use their service.
serial number is actually written on the simcard holder very smal number so you have to use magnification glas or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones