• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acer switch 10 android x86

PMiner

Lurker
Jul 18, 2016
Hello everyone! I have an acer switch 10, with Android x86. however, it doesn't have optimal performance. I was hoping I could get all the bugs ironed out.
The first issue, is there is no sound. This is a minor issue, compared to the fact that almost every time I rotate the screen, Android crashes, and after it restarts, there is no WiFi. I would like to fix these issues before I continue getting the perfect device.

To fix the issues, I think you'd have to find the appropriate drivers for the particular hardware in this tablet, like the sound, WiFi and orientation sensor, and then incorporate and build/compile an appropriate ROM from the Android-x86 source code. Can you do ROM development?

This device usually comes with Windows?

EDIT:

Just a thought, you could have a look at Phoenix OS, which @Bg260 is working on.. :thumbsupdroid:
http://androidforums.com/threads/android-on-your-computer-today.1051191/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones