• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Activation Procedure

w451208

Lurker
May 7, 2010
Hello,

I am about to get an evo of of craigslist and I am wanting to know what is the exact procedure for activating the phone. I know I can call in or I can do it online but I am concerned about the $10 fee and verification that I want to add the phone and its associated fee. Will I have to talk to someone on the in customer service to get it activated or will it just add the $10 fee automatically to the bill. Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Most likely you will have to talk to CS about activation of the new phone. You can do it via chat on sprints website or phone. The reason being is that they have to manually add the $10 premium fee through their computer. I know when I upgraded through a similar situation (only I was activating a BlackBerry) I tried using the website to activate and it ended up telling me to contact CS. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I ended up having to speak with a rep too. I have never had any luck manually activating my phones. I tried it with my Curve two years ago and it failed. I tried it again with my Evo and that failed, then I went online and tried that (chose all the right options, including the necessary plan and premium fee) and it still failed at the last step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones