• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adb push issues

I have been reloading the phone today after putting the "offical" RUU on post having the pre leak. I rooted 2.1 sucsessfully. I wanted to put Gallery3D.apk on the phone via adb push. I have it in the tools directory and had pushed it before. Now I get a failed to copy / permission denied. Not sure what's up. Last time it pushed to the pre leak no problem. ANy help?

I just did an 'adb shell', followed by 'su', then backed out to the console and did an 'adb install gallery3d.apk' and it was successful. When I launched it for the first time, I almost thought it was not worth it at all since it was so SLOW, but I guess it had to create all the 'thumbnails' of the photos which took some time. Anyway, I just launched it again, and it was rather enjoyable.

I also installed the Eris port of the Nexus One Launcher2.apk. That's 7 Sense UI and 5 Launcher homescreens for a total of 12 homescreens! The Launcher2 app tray is neat.

I just need to find a version of Freindstream that works on the official rooted RUU and I'll be content.

Upvote 0
I have been reloading the phone today after putting the "offical" RUU on post having the pre leak. I rooted 2.1 sucsessfully. I wanted to put Gallery3D.apk on the phone via adb push. I have it in the tools directory and had pushed it before. Now I get a failed to copy / permission denied. Not sure what's up. Last time it pushed to the pre leak no problem. ANy help?

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled and that your SD Card isn't mounted, then do the following:

adb remount
adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app/Gallery3D.apk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones