• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Flash Player

OK...this isn't a "fueling the fire" post, but in one of the Google threads I'm subscribed to (things to work on for Google phones), a user stated they got the Nexus with Flash 10.1 pre-installed.

For the life of me, I can't find how to get back to the threads. Just wondering if they were blowing smoke, or is the Nexus shipping with it? I'm wanting to think it was article 1421.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, it should be the last post in the forum.

Shayne

Edit: HA! I found the link..
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1281&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

Upvote 0
I still don't see the need for flash other then video streaming ...

And i'm reallly hoping that everyone just moves to html 5. Or some other streaming format that's a wee big more standard and less intensive.

A-frigging-men, brother (or sister).
It's not so much that Adobe should be taken out and shot as they should simply be ignored and the products not used. They are full of holes, privacy-invasive, bloated, phone home, and love to start with the OS. You'd think they came from Microsoft.

It's almost a way to make the Droid evil.

Unfortunately I understand that the standards folks are having trouble getting in sync, making HTML5 dubious (in spite of our great hope).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones