• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After 4.3 update, battery draining + camera flash going off

For the flash thing, try going into settings, accessability, and there should be a setting for it to flash for notifications or something, turn that on then off then reboot :thumbup:
For the battery. If you can go to settings, battery, take a screenshot of the stats then tap the graph which takes you to a second screen, screenshot that then post both the pics on here me might be able to work out whats wrong.
The best thing to do after an update is backup what you need then wipe the phone with a factory reset

Reactions: TalkieToaster
Upvote 0
The flash thing seems to have worked, thanks! I'm not so sure about the battery thing now...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387915040430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387915040430.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 42
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387915059928.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387915059928.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
So you can see you have a terrible signal where you are (worse than mine even lol) so that makes the radio work really hard and other than the screen, the radios eat a lot of juice. Also you can see that the phone is awake a lot while the screen is off, thats a partial wakelock probably caused by an app like facebook if you use it.
The app Wakelock Detector is pretty good at pointing out apps that are waking the phone while it should be asleep :thumbup:
Your battery life is actually pretty good though. It could be improved but i think if you get a day out of a smartphone then charge it while you sleep then its cool :)

Reactions: TalkieToaster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones