• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AFTER the reset...

CutlerP

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Ok. I totally apologize in advance for these dumb questions. So I took some advice from other threads and did a factory reset this evening. Backed up apps to AppBrain...finally figured out how to get them back (!)

I'm stuck on the easiest thing, and I know I've done it before, just cant find out how. Currently my inbox icon on my home screen is grabbing my mail from my Yahoo account. Before the reset I had 2 inbox icons, one for the yahoo, and one for my google account. (I want to use the stock mail app, not gmail)

When I go to add (another) inbox shortcut it adds another which links to my Yahoo box. I go to Menu....More...Accounts List (to try to change which account it's pointing to) and the google account isn't in the list. I know the gmail account is linked to the phone, cuz in the gmail app the mail comes up, and also it is listed under "Accounts and Sync"

How do I add my gmail inbox (with a stock mail app) to my home screen??????
Help???:thinking: Again, sorry for the dumb-ness..

AND....I am totally confuzzled by AppBrain. I did manage to get my apps restored to the phone....but there are ones here and there that did not sync back to my phone. For the most part, I don't care, as I find them I just get them from the market again. but, one is Beautiful Widgets, which I paid for.....

Can I get this one back without having to buy it again?

Again, sorry....and thanks, Mods for moving this to the right spot!

Upvote 0
Ugh. And, Now, my weather widgets won't update for my current location...

I've got all the "location" boxes checked...it just says "Current Location", even after a refresh and a re-start....I've searched for a solution and tried everything..

Grr....why did I do a factory reset again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones