1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support AFTER the reset...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CutlerP, Oct 5, 2010.

1. CutlerP

CutlerP Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Ok. I totally apologize in advance for these dumb questions. So I took some advice from other threads and did a factory reset this evening. Backed up apps to AppBrain...finally figured out how to get them back (!)

I'm stuck on the easiest thing, and I know I've done it before, just cant find out how. Currently my inbox icon on my home screen is grabbing my mail from my Yahoo account. Before the reset I had 2 inbox icons, one for the yahoo, and one for my google account. (I want to use the stock mail app, not gmail)

When I go to add (another) inbox shortcut it adds another which links to my Yahoo box. I go to Menu....More...Accounts List (to try to change which account it's pointing to) and the google account isn't in the list. I know the gmail account is linked to the phone, cuz in the gmail app the mail comes up, and also it is listed under "Accounts and Sync"

How do I add my gmail inbox (with a stock mail app) to my home screen??????
    Help???:thinking: Again, sorry for the dumb-ness..

Advertisement

2. CutlerP

CutlerP Member

Sep 12, 2010
    AND....I am totally confuzzled by AppBrain. I did manage to get my apps restored to the phone....but there are ones here and there that did not sync back to my phone. For the most part, I don't care, as I find them I just get them from the market again. but, one is Beautiful Widgets, which I paid for.....

Can I get this one back without having to buy it again?

Again, sorry....and thanks, Mods for moving this to the right spot!

3. CutlerP

CutlerP Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Ugh. And, Now, my weather widgets won't update for my current location...

I've got all the "location" boxes checked...it just says "Current Location", even after a refresh and a re-start....I've searched for a solution and tried everything..

Grr....why did I do a factory reset again?