1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Aftermarket battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Banished Angel, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

Any recommendations for an aftermarket battery for the motorola triumph? How much of an improvement in battery life can I expect?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GrandTheftBJJ

GrandTheftBJJ Well-Known Member

Many users report getting much improved battery life with various ROMs. In my experience I have easily gotten 20 hours using MTDEV-CM7.2. Do you need more than that?

3. Banished Angel

I'm using the MTDEV CM7.2 ROM at the moment. At home I've been able to top it out at 35 hours battery, but at my university Sprint's signal is crap. I average 1 bar, 2 bars max. So the lack of signal really pulls on the battery. That's why i'm seeking a hardware (battery) solution.

4. GrandTheftBJJ

GrandTheftBJJ Well-Known Member

Well I believe Amzer makes add on battery packs powered by either a single or two AA batteries. Other than that, here's some general battery life suggestions:

1) Reduce number of homescreens
    2) Turn off wifi and 3G when not using them
    3) Turn off hepatic feedback and keytones
    4) Reduce number of widgets, especially ones that use a live data feed (constant updating)
    5) Turn screen brightness down
    6) Don't use a live wallpaper, use a picture with dark colors
    7) Are you overclocking? Lower the CPU max if you are.
    8) Underclock the CPU min.
    9) Experiment with different governor/io combinations. The best yielding
    in my testing were Interactive/sio and SmartassV2/cfq.
    10) Try undervolting a bit. Apps like Incredicontrol or System Tuner work, but
    be careful. In my testing this ROM was only stable at decreasing all
    values by 50 mV.

5. inub

inub Member

i actually use a Max Power 2000 mah battery i bought for 7 bucks and another HEHY 2000 mah battery as a back up i just love the life of the max power i was sceptical at first bc i hate ordering over seas from china but it arrived in about a week and a half and i hardly ever use my back up battery but i still carry it just in case u can fine the site on google if u search "2000 mah battery motorola triumph" its the 5th link down aliexpress im also sure u can find them on ebay if u dont trust them but i would try to find that max power brand it last twice as long as the one that came w the phone

6. buzzcon

buzzcon Android Enthusiast

I bought 4 of the Power Max 2000mAh batteries and they do give you longer battery life. But beware, I had 1 of the batteries just die completely one night.

7. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

Have these been verified as actually having (or having close to) 2000mAh? I've read lots of posts that claim you can't fit more battery in the same amount of space which is the reason that true extra capacity batteries usually require a modified back cover to accommodate the larger battery.

It would be great to have a longer-lasting battery for the MT, but I've seen lots of posts from people who got ripped off with crappy replacement batteries.

8. Banished Angel

9. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

Good to see mstechify did a thorough run through...

EDIT: It is disturbing to know however that all the aftermarket batteries didn't report battery temp properly- this could be a serious issue if you overclock.

10. mattbodin

mattbodin Well-Known Member

good info, thanks!

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews