• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm clock question

offanairplane

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
TX
I have about 4 alarms to wake me up in the morning.

5:30am
5:45am
6:00am
6:05am

5:45am & 5:30 alarms are black, and the other two are white. What does that mean?

And I thought for a while the black alarms weren't working, but now they are.

I can't find anything in the manual about that.

Here's a wild guess for you, you could test it be setting other alarms before and after 6am to see if it remains constant.
The black alarms are 'night mode' colored and the white alarms are 'day mode'. Somebody somewhere decided that your bedroom will be darker before 6am than it is after 6am, so they changed the background on the alarm for less 'squint effect' when the alarm goes off in the morning.
There is probably some time in the evening where they go from white to black also.

Upvote 0
Here's a wild guess for you, you could test it be setting other alarms before and after 6am to see if it remains constant.
The black alarms are 'night mode' colored and the white alarms are 'day mode'. Somebody somewhere decided that your bedroom will be darker before 6am than it is after 6am, so they changed the background on the alarm for less 'squint effect' when the alarm goes off in the morning.
There is probably some time in the evening where they go from white to black also.

Ahh, I guess that kinda makes sense.

As to why it didn't work before, it might've been a completely different issue. I had that problem prior to rooting, and I haven't had it since. I was just curious what the difference between white and black was. I thought maybe one was active and one inactive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones