• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm stopped working while in Vibrate mode

yuukei

Nov 30, 2013
Hi,

I have used the stock clock alarm for the longest time while phone is in vibrate mode and had no audio problems with it. The sound would still go off (volume depended on the volume set in alarm menu) even while the actual phone is in silent.

But the last two days, I have realized, when my phone alarm goes off, the alarm itself is stuck in silent (without audio) mode, and the audio does not play. I was almost late for an exam cause of this, but thank God for having a second backup alarm set up.

A few days ago, I remember finding my phone in the sound setting section ...pocket dialed/ pocket messed it up more like... I realized now when in the volume settings, my notifications section is muted. Is there a way to turn this back on (if this is what controls the alarm) while having my phone in vibrate please?

If I set the phone back to sound-enabled mode, the alarm would play. But I can't set it to sound-enabled mode most of the time due to school and such.

Please help!!! :thinking:
Thanks.

P.S. I'm using s3 Kitkat Stock 4.4.2

bump.

Help, anyone? Please :(?

Is there a way to control the vibrate and sound for notification separately in 4.4.2 please? Prior to updating, I was able to set it separately with stock apps (nothing 3rd party); after updating it, it was still fine, until I accidentally changed an option or something and I am unsure what. Now I cannot revert it to the previous setting.. If anyone know how to fix this, it would be hugely appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones