• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy A51 media volume lessening without recieving notifications

I have a Galaxy A51. The media volume has recently started lessening through phone speakers like when a notification comes in, although there is nothing there. All media I've tried is affected. It lessens up to 3 increments even though the slider and settings all say volume is maxed and don't change. I used to listen to my phone from other rooms, now I can barely hear it while holding it at chest level. Bluetooth and regular headphones are uneffected.
I have restarted the phone, cleared caches, everything is up to date, I've deleted other apps that have recently updated, I've tried safe mode, I've checked volume limit (and tried to set the limit to max), and left the phone off for extended periods of time. This is quite frustrating.

You might try putting your A51 in safe made. It will halt activity of your installed apps and will show if it's an installed app problem. If the problem still exists your next step would be a factory reset of the device to see if it is a system problem. (make certain you back up your user added media and have your original Google login information to regain phone access) If the problem remains, it would be a hardware problem with the speakers.

Samsung Galaxy A51 - Restart in Safe Mode
  1. Press and hold the. Power and Volume down buttons. (right edge) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  2. Touch and hold. Power off. ...
  3. To confirm, tap. Safe mode. ...
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off then test device and app functionality.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
You might try putting your A51 in safe made. It will halt activity of your installed apps and will show if it's an installed app problem. If the problem still exists your next step would be a factory reset of the device to see if it is a system problem. (make certain you back up your user added media and have your original Google login information to regain phone access) If the problem remains, it would be a hardware problem with the speakers.

Samsung Galaxy A51 - Restart in Safe Mode
  1. Press and hold the. Power and Volume down buttons. (right edge) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  2. Touch and hold. Power off. ...
  3. To confirm, tap. Safe mode. ...
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off then test device and app functionality.
I have tried safe mode and the problem still persisted with some music on my external storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones