• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm troubles

Nazatin

Lurker
Apr 23, 2014
Hi, I'm new to android and just got my first ever galaxy 5 and touchscreen phone coming from blackberry and what I need help with is having my alarm automatically wake up my phone when it is that time. I turn my phone off during the night and with my blackberry, the alarm would wake up my phone and then go off but I'm not sure if this phone even does that. Is this phone able to do that? I don't like to keep my phone on at night.

I don't like just pushing the side because the battery life isn't so great. Anyway, thanks.

Then you have way too many apps running in the background. That is a typical Android problem. You exit the app, but it is still running in the background.

Download this from the App Store, "Battery Doctor".
Problems are over...
very configurable to accomplish just about anything you need in the way of power management.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en

The included Widget is very nice. I just tap that thing and all of the background stuff is terminated. IF the screen just goes away, or I hit the power button to quickly turn the phone off, the Widget will after a few moments note you are not using the phone... then it cleans house....

This app will apps hours to your battery life...
It also monitors the charging rates, and slows the charge down to a trickle charge for the last 10% approx ~ to prevent overheating the battery.

Worked a treat on my original Galaxy S Fascinate.... and just as good on my S5.

Upvote 0
Then you have way too many apps running in the background. That is a typical Android problem. You exit the app, but it is still running in the background.

Download this from the App Store, "Battery Doctor".
Problems are over...
very configurable to accomplish just about anything you need in the way of power management.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en

The included Widget is very nice. I just tap that thing and all of the background stuff is terminated. IF the screen just goes away, or I hit the power button to quickly turn the phone off, the Widget will after a few moments note you are not using the phone... then it cleans house....

This app will apps hours to your battery life...
It also monitors the charging rates, and slows the charge down to a trickle charge for the last 10% approx ~ to prevent overheating the battery.

Worked a treat on my original Galaxy S Fascinate.... and just as good on my S5.

So is this just another "app killer" app then?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones