• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All these tablets....

Le Bass

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
I really need to get a tablet for school, right when there are a bunch of really awesome tablets coming out :p
I cant decide whether to wait for the EeePad Memo or go for the nook color (Both $250, both 7 inch)
Or to get a transformer prime. Or should i get the updated transformer prime?
The point is, this is getting ridiculous. I dont want to spend money on something just to have it be obsolete by the end of CES.
And the worst part is, i have to get it NOW. (Maybe a week or so of waiting time but thats stretching it.)
So what should i do?

I really need to get a tablet for school, right when there are a bunch of really awesome tablets coming out :p
I cant decide whether to wait for the EeePad Memo or go for the nook color (Both $250, both 7 inch)
Or to get a transformer prime. Or should i get the updated transformer prime?
The point is, this is getting ridiculous. I dont want to spend money on something just to have it be obsolete by the end of CES.
And the worst part is, i have to get it NOW. (Maybe a week or so of waiting time but thats stretching it.)
So what should i do?

See the bottom line of my sig.

Upvote 0
Just because there is something newer out with better specs doesn't mean whatever you get now is obsolete. I'm still rocking my Droid X, and it's been passes by many phones now, but it still works fine. Not top of the line anymore, but far from obsolete. Posting this from my rooted Nook Tablet, by the way. I love this thing!

Upvote 0
Get whatever is on sale! From my experience, the decision should be based on size and price. If you want a 7", get a full-fledged android device rather than the Nook. Better specs can be found for the same price. And in the 10.1" space, all the devices are very close in specs (ie Tegra 2, 1GB RAM). Some will have shaper screens, better cameras, better speakers, etc. But the meat is all the same. So in my opinion, get whatever is the cheapest.

Upvote 0
transformer PRIME, cant beat it.. may be the most expensive one out there.. but well worth it.. you wont be replacing it anytime soon.. and did i mention the badass dock? keyboard and another 8 hours of battery.. i mean does it get any better? especially for school.. just make sure you handcuff it to you lol.. dont want some jealous fanboy running off with it lol

Upvote 0
I am really considering the prime since in some of my classes i can only use a tablet and not a laptop. Its just that the prime has been out a month and there is already a second version coming out and there is going to be a load of new tablets on the market by the end of next month.
something new and better is always just around the corner.
I agree but how awesome your tech is is the new indicator of the size of your manhood, or dontcha know :p

Upvote 0
Ok, just looking for some thoughts to help make a decision. Since I am still waiting on my prime to ship, I have been thinking. ought oh. I have cancelled my internet service to my home and have added the MHS to my rezound. My question is, do you think I should get a wifi only tablet or get one with 4g. I initially thought that I would just use my MHS on my phone to operate my tablet, but have been wondering if it would be a better decision to just get a 4g tablet and get rid of the MHS. I had read that using your phone as a MHS really drains its battery fast, I won't be just using this in my house either, maybe out on porch, at friends homes, etc... I think cost wise it would be a white wash. Was wondering if there are any other things I should be considering with this decision. This will be my first tablet and am kind of new to this forum so don't be harsh on me, but do appreciate any comments. You all have been very helpful in helping me to decide on my phone and I thank you.

Upvote 0
Ok, just looking for some thoughts to help make a decision. Since I am still waiting on my prime to ship, I have been thinking. ought oh. I have cancelled my internet service to my home and have added the MHS to my rezound. My question is, do you think I should get a wifi only tablet or get one with 4g. I initially thought that I would just use my MHS on my phone to operate my tablet, but have been wondering if it would be a better decision to just get a 4g tablet and get rid of the MHS. I had read that using your phone as a MHS really drains its battery fast, I won't be just using this in my house either, maybe out on porch, at friends homes, etc... I think cost wise it would be a white wash. Was wondering if there are any other things I should be considering with this decision. This will be my first tablet and am kind of new to this forum so don't be harsh on me, but do appreciate any comments. You all have been very helpful in helping me to decide on my phone and I thank you.

Welcome to the forums!
You said you have a Rezound so you're already in a great spot. MHS whether legal or not is a much better option than going with another contract and data fees. If you find yourself on the road much without wifi, then I'd consider it. However, right now, all the 3G/4G options are quite pricey.

Reactions: evetskirk
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!
You said you have a Rezound so you're already in a great spot. MHS whether legal or not is a much better option than going with another contract and data fees. If you find yourself on the road much without wifi, then I'd consider it. However, right now, all the 3G/4G options are quite pricey.

Thanks for your feedback on my question. I appreciate your thoughts and will certainly take them into consideration. Yes, I do pay for my MHS, whether I think it is a rip off or not. I think the oil companies gouge us too, and I don't steal gas either. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones