• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All your Tbolt problems solved in one place....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been reading about problems people are having with the tbolt for awhile and taking it all in. I own this phone and know what it's capable of and not capable of. Lets get to the solution to some of the problems.

1. The phone is getting hot... Ok it's normal for smartphones to get warm like alot of high end electronic devices. My Laptop gets very warm at times and my Tbolt has got pretty darn warm also. This happens it's not that big of deal. It's probably not going to always be warm like that either. We have many reasons why it gets warm. What is the room temperature? how hot is it outside? Are you streaming video? Have you been on the phone talking for a long period of time with it mashed up against your face and the pillow? is it hot in your car? Or is it just getting warm for no reason? Don't worry about it. if the phone works then you're good. It will cool down eventually. If it's getting so hot it's shutting down for no reason I would keep an eye on it and let Verizon know about it. This way they have it on file you called. If you you need a replacement later the process will go quicker because they have your info on file. You will get a replacement phone and mine hasn't got that warm for it to be more than just the way that it is for this kind of phone.

2. Light Seepage... Many including myself have light seepage below the screen. I have 3 little tiny spots and I can see light coming through if the bottom of the phone is angled towards me. As long as the screen isn't loose I wouldn't worry about it. I understand the phone shouldn't have light seepage coming through, but I don't even notice it and I guarantee nobody else is going to notice it and say " He has light seepage ha ha" They will say it's a nice looking phone no worries. You can complain to Verizon and get a refurbished Tbolt that might not be as good as the one you cried about because it wasn't perfect. This isn't a rare art piece at a museum it's a phone don't stress it. And you complain that you paid $200 + for it and it should be perfect. Well the phone cost more than that to manufacturer you're getting it because the money made comes from the service not so much the phone itself. Pay retail for it $600? and verizon do replace phones that need replaced. it's the people who cry about every little thing that make it harder for those who in fact really need a replacement and it drives cost up in the long run. Verizon doing their part, they can't be 100% perfect for it's millions and millions of customers. perfection should never be expected from anyone. Verizon handling things like pros no worries.

3. Bloatware... Well yes the phone has bloatware I'm sure many of us knew this before purchasing the phone. I don't like bloatware, but it is the way that it is. You always have the option of rooting to get it off as many are doing. If you don't know what you're doing it can brick it or mess it up. It's choices we make. if verizon won't replace it if they see it's been rooted that is their right and they aren't the ones who broke the agreement about changing the phones software. If you can root it and do with it what you want and the phone is even more awesome great. If you know how to unroot before getting a replacement more power to you.

4. Using Hot Spot... Verizon was cool enough to give it away for free for a limited time. I think they might of even extended it for awhile. I hear some people say verizon just did that for free to get us hooked on it so they could dangle it over our heads when it's no longer free. That's business if you owned verizon you wouldn't want to make money? You'd give things away for free that stress their networks even more just to be nice? Are they responsible for running your home computers for free to save you from getting service internet service? Hell carriers are really cool when it comes to the hardware, you get a $600-$700 phone for $200 and sometimes cheaper or free. Guess what verizon doesn't get these phones for free, but you do sometimes. if it cost HTC lets say $300 to build a Thunderbolt you don't think Verizon is paying well over that? How would HTC stay in business? No free hotspot boo hoo. The update took care of that option and people complain. Verizon was smart and they know how people are. If it's no no longer in the free promotion why would you complain you can no longer get it? you knew damn well it wasn't going to last forever you just got hooked on it more than you should have I'm guessing. Pay for it then. I know the smarties say oh I will just root the phone and be able to do it for free so screw Verizon. Yeah screw Verizon lets hack our phones and steal from them those bastards. You complain the service is so expensive so the heck with it. Well you agreed to pay for the service so dishonesty isn't justified because you think they charge to much. You think hotspot is to expensive then don't pay for it get Comcast or something and pay $70 for that instead. Or don't use internet at home. It's to expensive so I'm going to steal it and if verizon find out and charge me for it I'm going to tell everyone how evil they are.

I want Gingerbread... CRY??? Bugging HTC and Verizon all the time for Gingerbread isn't going to get it released any quicker. HTC build the phones it's up to them when they update the phones they make. Gingerbread isn't a must have it's a luxury. In my opinion it's a bunch of hype you let yourself get worked up over. The Tbolt has had what 3 updates in the past 6 months? and still no gingerbread? So? They aren't ready to update it with gingerbread. What about gingerbread is going to change your life? many are talking about getting a different phone or never buying another HTC ever ever again...Oh wait unless they make some badass phone in the future they can't live without lol. HTC has alot of phones to update and working on other things besides the Tbolt believe it or not, your phone isn't the center of their world. We had rebooting issues and that was a priority to them and they fixed it, it might not of been the next following week like you thought was owed to you, but they made it happen. Having gingerbread isn't crucial like the rebooting problem and updating to gingerbread on the Tbolt might be a little tricky. Remember the incredible 2 got gingerbread and everyone was pissed. Well gingerbread for that phone might be very similar to all of the other HTC phones with gingerbread on them so it's easier for it to be updated to guess? gingerbread. Who knows what verizon wants on the gingerbread update? I'm sure htc and verizon don't hate you and making you wait it out to be jerks. I could give two craps about gingerbread what is so great about it? the fine fine little tweaks that most users won't even notice? I can live without it so should you. Stop busting balls enough people bitch oh they will put gingerbread out alright with all kinds of defects. You wanted it now....Then you can cry about being stuck with a crappy version of gingerbread.

Be thankful some people don't even get to eat and are starving to death. Some people can't even afford a phone much less a smartphone. The phone is awesome and I'm content with all that it does, im amazed truly. What did you have 5 years ago? a flip phone with text message and a couple calculator graphic games with the Atari music in the background. Some people would be thankful just to have a phone to call someone who cares. We can....We have a phone and

1. Internet (at blazing speeds and many have unlimited data) so we can access our facebook, twitter, email anytime quickly.

2. Video recorder with 720 HD ability

3. 8 MP digital camera

4. MP3 Player

5. Handheld video game device

6. GPS so we never get lost (oh it doesn't lock in as soon as a turn it on boo fuking hoo)

7. Free Applications from App store. games, fart machines, ebooks, optional cameras, voice recorders, educational apps, tools, etc etc etc.

8. Updated weather with a click

You can watch movies, listen to music and plug it into your car stereo and jam out. You can amaze poor People with it that don't even know anything about a smartphone or an old person. if you aren't content with current technology and not happy with things unless they are perfect you better get in a spaceship and blow off into another universe far far away and go to an advanced alien world and use whatever they got, but once you get use to it you will want more more more.......Chill

Great, well thought out post, Thunderlips.
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
You completely ignored the most critical problem with the phone - the rebooting. It's mostly fixed now, but for months it was a major issue. And for 6-8 weeks my wife's phone would turn itself off about 2-3 times a day. Having to check your phone constantly to just make sure it is on, that's worthy of a little anger.

I don't think anyone was expecting perfection. But the ability to recieve a telephone call ON YOUR TELEPHONE would be nice. That's hard to do when the phone turned itself off 30 minutes ago, for no reason, and you are unaware that it is off.

That being said, mine is pretty well behavied and I still like it.

Reactions: Tfleezee
Upvote 0
You completely ignored the most critical problem with the phone - the rebooting. It's mostly fixed now, but for months it was a major issue. And for 6-8 weeks my wife's phone would turn itself off about 2-3 times a day. Having to check your phone constantly to just make sure it is on, that's worthy of a little anger.

I don't think anyone was expecting perfection. But the ability to recieve a telephone call ON YOUR TELEPHONE would be nice. That's hard to do when the phone turned itself off 30 minutes ago, for no reason, and you are unaware that it is off.

That being said, mine is pretty well behavied and I still like it.

That is only on a certain number of thunderbolts. Not all Tbolts rebooted. Enough People complained about it to make someone thinking about buying one weary. A few voices went a long way and it's just that a few compared to the all the Tbolts out there. HTC fixed the rebooting problem with the update. If it still reboots then have it replaced for free. Your wife could of got a replacement. If she put up with the problem for 6-8 weeks that was her choice. Verizon would of replaced it if she called and complained. Verizon might not of replaced it the very first time she called about it, they would of told her to reset phone, pull battery and all that. If she called again they would of replaced the phone. Can't blame HTC or Verizon if you have a problem and just keep using it and getting more and more pissed off without putting that anger towards getting a replacement.

Upvote 0
Can you solve the poor build quality(Recessed buttons, creaky battery door, design that weakens the strength of the battery door's connection to the phone over time as you take it off and put it on, reduced wireless performance as the door loses grip on the phone because the door harbors the antennas)? How about usability of the screen in direct sunlight outdoors? :p

Reactions: 97'es
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones