• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative To WAP Sites??

BiggShooter

May 4, 2010
Just wondeirng if there is a way to keep the Droid 2 browser from loading WAP sites? I don't care to be directed to mobile sites. I know with the Droid Incredible, there is an option to disable mobile sites and get the actual web site.

What do I need to do so this doesn't happen (directed to mobile sites).

Thanks

I haven't used the native browser in so long on my phone, I'm not exactly sure what the native browser settings are, but somewhere in the settings you should be able to find a "user agent" I think it's, "Hit Menu key>More>Settings and change the user agent from Android to Desktop. I prefer Dolphin Browser HD to the native browser, but you should be able to change this, regardless.

Upvote 0
I haven't used the native browser in so long on my phone, I'm not exactly sure what the native browser settings are, but somewhere in the settings you should be able to find a "user agent" I think it's, "Hit Menu key>More>Settings and change the user agent from Android to Desktop. I prefer Dolphin Browser HD to the native browser, but you should be able to change this, regardless.

That option isn't in the default browser settings on Droid 2.

Upvote 0
That option isn't in the default browser settings on Droid 2.

I don't understand why MOTOROLA can't do like the browsers from other phones (i.e HTC Droid Incredible) and have an option to turn OFF mobile view! I hate WAP sites!! Just give an option to turn on or off....don't think it should be that difficult.

What needs to be done on the Droid 2 so that mobile sites (WAP) aren't the default web site? Is the only option to download another browser?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I don't understand why MOTOROLA can't do like the browsers from other phones (i.e HTC Droid Incredible) and have an option to turn OFF mobile view! I hate WAP sites!! Just give an option to turn on or off....don't think it should be that difficult.

What needs to be done on the Droid 2 so that mobile sites (WAP) aren't the default web site? Is the only option to download another browser?

Thanks

Right now, yes. What's the problem with installing another browser? It's free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones