• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Always answers with speaker and Home Button brings up something else

sannitig

Sep 21, 2011
Hey Everyone,

I have a Galaxy S2 not rooted or anything. I had it in my pocket while it was raining out and heard it going crazy in my wet pocket. I took it out and saw it was one some random setting screen. pressed back a bunch of times and there were a bunch of things open. I guess I pressed a bunch of buttons with my wet leg.

Anyway, now when I answer the phone it always has the speaker on and I have to turn it off every time.

And my home button has been changed to some stupid screen that brings up the clock, accuweather and a bunch of shortcuts at the bottom.

What's up with this? Samsung told me to reset the phone I hung up on her.

Once again, this is a problem with the mini usb port. A LOT of people are having this problem. it is faulty and needs to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol. check out my thread I started on this subject.

Very interesting. Thanks for your post BF. So i could understand that the Kies issue im having could be this, but what about the home button and the speaker phone issue?

I'm going to your thread now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones