• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I making a big deal of this? Or should I return this Otterbox case? (Video Inside)

xxteargodxx

Apr 18, 2010
Jersey City, NJ
So I bought my new phone two nights ago (Galaxy S5) on the 23rd of April. Got an Otterbox Defender case to go with it. Last night I removed the case to get a small piece of hair out from underneath the screen and I noticed when putting the case back on one side of the case doesn't snap in all the way.

Maybe it's just me being nitpicky about it? But I don't know I feel I paid $40 bucks for the case I want it to fully work and function to protect my phone.

Here's a video I made about it that shows in detail what I'm talking about, I'm going to the Verizon Store today to see what they tell me if it is eligible for replacement, I still have my receipt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28J7efNVLI

Trued, Otter service is bar none. But on a personal note, I have been disappointed with Otterbox quality and that built-in screen protector ever since Note 2 days. I remember going through two of those, each having a problem with screen protector (and ended up exchanging and returning it back to Verizon store).

Btw, I'm getting ready to post a lot more new case reviews for S5, so keep checking AF S5 accessories section in the next few days. I got new cases for review from Case-Mate, Cruzerlite, and Trident. Trident Cyclops is MUCH better and cheaper alternative to Defender, and they have a better implementation of built-in screen protector.

Stay tuned for reviews... with lots of pics!!! :)

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones