• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon App Store Thread - Daily Free Apps

Today is the "official storybook app" for How To Train Your Dragon 2. Reviews are very positive, if a 40MB storybook app is your thing. One notable plus is that it runs just fine offline, and it's also got the "more apps" locked behind a slightly toddler-proof "when were you born" screen. Not for me, but if you're looking for a picture "book" for your Fire, it sounds pretty good. (And normally $3, so maybe worth sticking in your back pocket.)

Upvote 0
Worth mentioning that I was finally able to switch to Google play version of SwiftKey by signing into SwiftKey cloud and backing settings up. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled from play store, once I signed in SwiftKey gave me the premium themes for being a loyal member.

SwiftKey was *one* of the last apps I still needed amazon app store for...

Upvote 0
When you all "purchase" the free app of the day, does it still download it, then ask you to approve permissions and give you the option to cancel at that point or does it purchase, download and install with 1 click?

I had a Galaxy S3 where it let me cancel after the download, but prior to the install, but with my LG G3, it's all 1 process, which I don't like. I'm not sure how it could work differently on different phones.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded today's FAOTD, Word Games Pack. It did not ask to approve permissions, it goes straight to Install. It does not appear on my list of downloaded Apps. Could it have to do with Kit-Kat?
What phone do you have? LG G3?

I have kitkat on my Samsung GS3 and it asks to approve permissions.

Amazon actually has phone support for the appstore and I called and spoke to someone who understood the issue and opened a ticket with engineering.

Will post if I hear back.

I bet this is just some sort of bug in how the appstore works with the G3 and that they can fix this with an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones