• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon offers one paid app for free every day in the new amazon app store...

speedfreak32

Jul 16, 2010
Florence KY
Reactions: a.norton
I have a convoluted way of loading that apps since I don't want to root. I just download them from the amazon app store let it tell me that I can't install. Then I open my phone on my computer and remove the .apk file off the phone and install using Android centrals SWM and everything works well. I have shazam, swift key and angry birds rio on my phone now.

Upvote 0
I have a convoluted way of loading that apps since I don't want to root. I just download them from the amazon app store let it tell me that I can't install. Then I open my phone on my computer and remove the .apk file off the phone and install using Android centrals SWM and everything works well. I have shazam, swift key and angry birds rio on my phone now.

Stupid question, but how did you get the .apk file off of the phone? My computer doesn't see the folders from the phone, just the SD cards.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'd rather not root so if someone could post how to do it, I'd appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0
Stupid question, but how did you get the .apk file off of the phone? My computer doesn't see the folders from the phone, just the SD cards.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I'd rather not root so if someone could post how to do it, I'd appreciate it. :)

I use astro file manager on the phone

you can find the apk files this way just to make sure they were downloaded to your phone

open astro-android-data-com.amazon.venezia-cache-these are the apk files (start with vnz followed by numbers)

now plug your phone into your computer as USB storage mode. once your computer recognizes the phone 2 new drives will appear, external sd card (F: ) and then internal (G: ) for me. open internal and follow android-data-com.amazon.venezia-cache-these are the apk files (start with vnz followed by numbers)

then move those to you computer to use SWM

Upvote 0

you can find the apk files this way just to make sure they were downloaded to your phone

open astro-android-data-com.amazon.venezia-cache-these are the apk files (start with vnz followed by numbers)

now plug your phone into your computer as USB storage mode. once your computer recognizes the phone 2 new drives will appear, external sd card (F: ) and then internal (G: ) for me. open internal and follow android-data-com.amazon.venezia-cache-these are the apk files (start with vnz followed by numbers)

... and there they are. I was looking in the wrong spot.

Thank you very much!!

Upvote 0

good explanation, thanks for answering that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones