• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMOLED: Black wallpaper = Battery saved?

Do what I did - Google 'black.png' on the phone and use the image off Wikipedia!

It's a tiny file, will save you battery and saves the desktop looking cluttered; I can't stand pictures behind all the icons.

/rockin' 100% black desktop on all my computers & phones since, well, a ZX81 or something I suppose!
I must say, that is an amazing idea!

I was thinking about the hassle of putting one on via my laptop. I'm new to smart phones :p

Upvote 0
To be honest guys, much as i appreciate this interesting read which i quite educative but i must however confess that my phone has WIFI on ALWAYS because i have free WIFI also at work, i browse very often during the day both at home and at work. Though i do not listen to music but i still use the phone considerably during the day. I actually charge my phone daily when i go to bed at nights and by then the level is about 40% left (as i can read in the sticky section about batteries , this is recommended for optimal lithium battery life).
My battery lasts roughly 2

Upvote 0
To be honest guys, much as i appreciate this interesting read which i quite educative but i must however confess that my phone has WIFI on ALWAYS because i have free WIFI also at work, i browse very often during the day both at home and at work. Though i do not listen to music but i still use the phone considerably during the day. I actually charge my phone daily when i go to bed at nights and by then the level is about 40% left (as i can read in the sticky section about batteries , this is recommended for optimal lithium battery life).
My battery lasts roughly 2

Upvote 0
+1 !! i love the nexus one live wallpaper...allways amazes people when they see it:)

Just remember that a live wallpaper is also very detrimental to your battery life...

Roughly, you will get 1.5% battery saving per 15 minutes if you are using black background compare to the default HTC Desire wallpaper.

:D

Only if you stay on your homescreens for long periods of time :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Exactly, and thus people are wasting their time.

What would be useful (and I think I have seen this in some ROMs) is to use a modded browser with white text on black.

id love that or at least an app / theme for this forum (where I spend most of my time) that is white on black.

XDA app is great for this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones