• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An easy way to make an MP3 your ring tone

wetbiker7

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2011
So-Cal
I posted a comment about Ringdroid in an earlier thread but figured I'd re post it to save you guys some time . There is an app from the Market called Ringdroid that makes it easy to turn your favorite song or any other MP3 in to your ringtone . All you need to do is download Ringdroid , add your songs and/or ring tones to your SD card , open the app and select your tune . You can edit and make it long or short which ever you like . Down at the bottom center of the screen you will see a little box with a pic of a memory card , click it and select what you would like to do with the tune . It's that simple . Hope this post helped ya . :D

For those of you who like to do stuff on the computer (like me) Audacity is pretty fun to use to chop out sections of MP3's and make them into ringtones

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Tutorial - Making Ringtones - Audacity Manual

In my experience, anything that has tons of bass or high treble, or anything that has really complicated music structure sounds like crap converted to a ringtone. Simple beats tend to sound better, like the intros of some songs. I'm currently using the intro of Outkast's Rosa Parks as my ringtone.

Strangely, the notification ringtone is the intro drums from Equilibrium - Widars Hallen. I won't link it since its very metal and very loud. But anyone who thinks that death metal played on medieval instruments and flutes while growling in german about nature sounds interesting, go check them out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones