• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root andro id lags in speed

kalikool123

Jul 21, 2011
Kerala
What i had in ma mind before flashing my Galaxy Mini to andro id rom just vanished after flashing to andro id rom v 3.2.

It lags in everything on ma phone .
The games like NFS Shift which worked prfectly on my galaxy mini gingerbread, gets suck now and then.
besides there can only be two shortcuts placed on the bottom of desktop which are caller and internet which cant be changed. WTF :-@
The number of split screens on the desktop is also fixed to five, nothing low , nothing high.
My bluetooth didnt work on that ROM.

I dont know what the phone is doing , but when i just wants to open the menu, it waits for sometime like 3-4 sec to open the menu, like thinking twice before doing something :p

I experienced all this with all my animations off and without running any application in background (beleive that one , as I didnt install anything due o the lag of speed).

also i couldnt get any themes for that version, they are made only for old version i.e 3.0.

I am not criticising those who made that rom. I appreciate them as they were great enough to try to make a custom rom and share it for free.

I just want to make people aware of its drawbacks befor they try it.

I just ported to vanilla rom which seems to be mush more stable on my device.

Reactions: RoopeshPunyani

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones