• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 1.5 to 2.0 - questions

HashBrownJM

Lurker
Aug 26, 2009
So, I'm probably going to be getting the HTC Hero when it comes out on Sprint. It'll be running Android 1.5, so when Android 2.0 comes out, will I be able to update the OS to 2.0?

Also, does anyone know if the Sony Ericsson XPERIA x3 or the Samsung Galaxy/i7500 (Lite or not) are going to be made for CDMA? I've seen things that suggest they'll be on GSM, therefore not Sprint, leaving my only options the HTC Hero and the Sansung InstinctQ.

Thanks for the time!

So, I'm probably going to be getting the HTC Hero when it comes out on Sprint. It'll be running Android 1.5, so when Android 2.0 comes out, will I be able to update the OS to 2.0?

Also, does anyone know if the Sony Ericsson XPERIA x3 or the Samsung Galaxy/i7500 (Lite or not) are going to be made for CDMA? I've seen things that suggest they'll be on GSM, therefore not Sprint, leaving my only options the HTC Hero and the Sansung InstinctQ.

Thanks for the time!

I really want the hero also. its so sexy...

Upvote 0

Thanks for the time!

What I have heard was that the next update from 1.5 would be 1.6 not 2.0

OTA (over-the-air) Updates are pushed out from the carriers and any non-rooted phone will be able to get those and install them if they so choose.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the HTC Sense UI will be automatically compatible with any new releases (especially the jump to 2.0, whenever it is) or will HTC need to have 2.0 be released then work on making it compatible with the Sense UI?
its not android 2.0 its 1.6.....for some reason every1 keeps sayin 2.0...and nop dunno anything bout the hero getting it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones