• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 10 device stuck at boot screen

kirann2801

Lurker
May 25, 2021
Hi,
I have a custom tablet like device with NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor running Android 10. My device sometimes gets stuck at Android boot screen. Power cycling the device does not resolve the issue. The only way to recover the device is to delete user data.

When the device is in this state, I am able to communicate with it via ADB.

This device is enrolled with an MDM and is in kiosk mode.

I see the following log statement in the adb logs:

ActivityTaskManager: No home screen found for Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x100 }

Any help as to what is causing this issue and/or how to resolve it is appreciated.

Hi,
I have a custom tablet like device with NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor running Android 10. My device sometimes gets stuck at Android boot screen. Power cycling the device does not resolve the issue. The only way to recover the device is to delete user data.

When the device is in this state, I am able to communicate with it via ADB.

This device is enrolled with an MDM and is in kiosk mode.

I see the following log statement in the adb logs:
ActivityTaskManager: No home screen found for Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x100 }

Any help as to what is causing this issue and/or how to resolve it is appreciated.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones