• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.0.1 Findings!!!

Finally I can post in the thread I started...lol still lags when entering text...
Buttt most things are snappier and os seems cleaned up
Camera faster etc...quality still decent but not great on photos...
Bugs?
Choppiness in stock browser AND dolphin...seems to be getting better tho??may just be me I dunno
Keyboard not lighting up upon opening phone unless auto brightness is on...if zero brightness on then keyboard willl NOT light up!

Try that out yall

Upvote 0
I know this wasn't listed, and I think it's probably a placebo effect here. However, the landscape QWERTY seems to be much better. Just me?

I used to think it was completely useless for fast typing, but it seems to pick up most of my quickly typed keystrokes after I forced the upgrade.

Again, probably just because I'm looking for improvements.

Upvote 0
What he described was NOT normal operation of the sensor. The screen should turn back on immediately after moving itg away from his face.
It should but I do agree that the tone/context of the post possibly indicates that the poster isn't aware of the proximity sensor. It's not a face sensor. The poster could have easily tripped the proximity sensor with the Droid away from his face without realizing it.

On my Droid at least it's very easy to trip the sensor -- from nearly a couple of inches at certain angles.

Thanks for the product recommendation, but even so, this is a basic feature that needs to built into the OS.
Everyone has a feature that "needs to be built into the OS". :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For some reason, my browser only seems to lag on this site. Just checked out engadget and chicagobears.com and both were flawless, even more than 2.0 for me. Both websites are pretty content-heavy id say. Weird
Not at all. Websites consist of more than just what you see on your screen. The processing required to render a site can be affected by code on the back end.

My alarm goes off just fine with the phone's display off - no idea why yours would do that.
+1 Just fine here. Remember coincidence != causal. Display off isn't the source of the trouble.

Upvote 0
Any one able to find the black music player widget, like in this pic? I searched every whre on my phone. But no luck

2009-12-0714_43_45.jpg

Upvote 0
i had my sisters droid (2.0) and mine (2.0.1) and the OS was not snappier, faster, less laggy at all. it didnt change screens faster or smoother, the pulltab at the bottom is not faster or smoother.

One thing i also noticed is the delay to turn the screen on is a lot longer, almost double what the 2.0 was. What i mean by that is when the screen is off and you hit the power button to go to the lock screen, it takes longer for the screen to brighten up. I did that w/ mine and my sisters. Definitely a longer response time.

Upvote 0
Hows everyones battery life after the update. I've had mine off the charger for 4 hours and 45 minutes and I'm at 60%. I've been using it pretty heavy, few phone calls, update apps, 3 email accounts (1 gmail, 2 exchange) and the Beautiful Home Widget updating every 15 minutes using Home++

Does that seem right? According to everyone else who got the update a day or two ago, their battery life dam near doubled. At this rate, Mine will be dead at the same time it normally is, around 7 to 8 p.m.

I'm ok with it, just put it on the charger, but was hoping for some better results.

Upvote 0
i had my sisters droid (2.0) and mine (2.0.1) and the OS was not snappier, faster, less laggy at all. it didnt change screens faster or smoother, the pulltab at the bottom is not faster or smoother.

One thing i also noticed is the delay to turn the screen on is a lot longer, almost double what the 2.0 was. What i mean by that is when the screen is off and you hit the power button to go to the lock screen, it takes longer for the screen to brighten up. I did that w/ mine and my sisters. Definitely a longer response time.

I call BS on this...I have tried the same thing. Sometimes 2.0 was quicker. but 2.0.1 is always smoother. Pulling down notification tab is significantly faster on 2.0.1. Scrolling in menus/contracts is smoother on 2.0.1 also. And when I press unlock button screen lights up instantly...i mean maybe 2.0.1 opens in .15 miliseconds and 2.0 opened in .07 milliseconds but either way i cannot tell the difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones