• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 Update now available for Telus Milestones!

Has anyone else had any charging issues since the Android update? I have been encountering a strange issue where on occasion my Milestone will not start charging when I put it in the multimedia dock, the battery icon doesn't change to the icon with the plug on it and under phone status the battery status is discharging. However if I restart it while it is in the dock it charges fine. The odd thing is when it is having one of the episodes it will always charge if I plug it into a PC.

Never mind, I think this is related to another issue, ie. removing the device from a PC without a safety eject.

Upvote 0
Is Google Maps Navigation working for anyone using a Telus Milestone?
Google Maps version 4.1.1
Android 2.1

There is a known issue that is currently being discussed in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-m...lite-aquisition-lock-very-slow-milestone.html

Rooting and modifying certains files on the Milestone solves the issue. I have just finished rooting my Telus Milestone w/ Android 2.1 update 1, and on first boot it dropped to EDGE baseband, but after rebooting, it's now returned to 3G/HSDPA baseband.

Still trying to figure out how the guys in that thread obtained the tools needed to modify the files however :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hello all,

It might sound very dumb question to you guys here but I am recently moved over from Nokia to this andriod thing and specially motorola so my quesion in which mode i have to connect my phone to update the firmware (I am with telus).

I have followed the direction from here and other forums also now my problem is that motorola update manager did not show my phone is connected ? can any one help me here please and thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello all,

It might sound very dumb question to you guys here but I am recently moved over from Nokia to this andriod thing and specially motorola so my quesion in which mode i have to connect my phone to update the firmware (I am with telus).

I have followed the direction from here and other forums also now my problem is that motorola update manager did not show my phone is connected ? can any one help me here please and thanks in advance.

I put my phone into "Motorola Phone Tools" or whatever the Motorola-specific mode is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones