• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 2.2 download here

2.2 shouldn't be too long. The wifey is getting a moto droid X in two weeks and the csr she talked to said 2.2 on both the INC and Droid X by August via OTA.

the moto droid 2.1 update, which wasnt much of a jump from 2.0.1, took them months before they started rolling it out after they had already announced it was ready.
Plus HTC has to go over it and infuse sense into it which could take who knows how long.

Upvote 0
2.2 shouldn't be too long. The wifey is getting a moto droid X in two weeks and the csr she talked to said 2.2 on both the INC and Droid X by August via OTA.
the csr you spoke to should be fired for several reasons. one being cuz they dont know, i work for Verizon and trust me engadget always finds out first. second reason is cuz she revealed a company secret on the clock

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
the moto droid 2.1 update, which wasnt much of a jump from 2.0.1, took them months before they started rolling it out after they had already announced it was ready.
Plus HTC has to go over it and infuse sense into it which could take who knows how long.

HTC is in bed with google. They are the ones who manufactured THE google phone, the nexus one. I have no doubt they have been working on Sense for Froyo since Froyo was in its alpha stages. The delays will be on Verizon's end.

I'm hoping we see vanilla froyo before the OTA, personally, although I don't know how likely that is. I have no major gripes about Sense, but it's just not my style.

Upvote 0
HTC is in bed with google. They are the ones who manufactured THE google phone, the nexus one. I have no doubt they have been working on Sense for Froyo since Froyo was in its alpha stages. The delays will be on Verizon's end.

I'm hoping we see vanilla froyo before the OTA, personally, although I don't know how likely that is. I have no major gripes about Sense, but it's just not my style.

i am willing to bet HTC is 95% done with sense UI on FroYo, but whenever they are 100% done with it then they have to send it into Verizon and then Verizon has to "test it." after they test it for who knows how long then the send a laundry list to HTC saying what HTC has to change, on that list will probably be free wifi tethering. I'm sure you can have it but it will be similar to the Moto X, capped at 2 gigs and it will cost (thank god for root)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones