• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.2 problems for the Nexus One (post them here)

Currently running RodriguezStyle froyo, running very fast and battery life seems a bit better than leofroyo (which has a good look appeal to it).
The ONLY thing I have not been able to find (apart from trackball wake that everybody is waiting for) is how to adjust picture size on camera - there isn't a thing I can do, every pic is about 1.2mb in size. In Eclair you could resize them to anything between 100k to 5mb -
how weir is that for froyo not to have pic size adjustment?

Upvote 0
OK another thing I noticed, but this may be an issue with Handcent SMS...

When I send a picture message, the recipient gets the text with no picture - I then have to forward the same message to the same recipient, and then they DO receive both text and picture in the message.

Anyone else experiencing this? Stock or Handcent?

EDIT: this did not happen before I forced the 2.2 update

Upvote 0
Stock Browser closes every now and then... I suspect it has to do with certain websites since revisiting those websites causes the browser to force close (without even prompting or notifying me).

yeah i've noticed this too. it also re-loads webpages much more often. for example if i laod a page, then switch away to do something real quick, and come back to the browser, it reloads the entire page. but i dont want it to!

in the google forums, a google employee posted in response to this request, and said that froyo will bring more aggressive browser cache, but it seems they did the OPPOSITE in froyo!

for example, if you commute on a train, and lose service in a tunnel, you could load up a few webpages beforehand, let all the pages load 100%, then read them when you lose service in the tunnel.

currently when you come back to the pages, all the info is there to read, but then the browser attempts to reload the page! of course it has no service, so now your content that was JUST THERE to read is suddenly gone, with a "cant reload" error.

pretty stupid coding no matter how you look at it IMO. and froyo makes this even worse.

Upvote 0
Today is the second time that happens to me that when I try to unlock the screen, the unlock screen appears obviously, but the touchscreen doesn't respond and the only way to get it back to normal is switching the phone off and back on again. It's not something that happens frequently, but it's quite annoying!

Upvote 0
I'm having problems waking the screen up with the power button.
It just doesn't respond randomly.
Sometimes I have to get the battery removed and start all over again to use the phone.
Standard keyboard also has eventual issues. Now I'm using Swype and problems are gone.
All the rest looks fine.

This started happening to me a couple of months ago. Got progressively worse. The power button wouldn't wake up the phone. Finally, I could not wake up the phone. Contacted Google and they told me that the power button not working is a known problem. They connected me with HTC and I was able to get a replacement phone. Told me its a known issue. A certain number of phones have this problem. Keep an eye out for this. If the power button stops working get a replacement phone. Its covered under warranty.

Upvote 0
Today is the second time that happens to me that when I try to unlock the screen, the unlock screen appears obviously, but the touchscreen doesn't respond and the only way to get it back to normal is switching the phone off and back on again. It's not something that happens frequently, but it's quite annoying!

I notice that this has happened to me more than a few times. Sometimes it happens when I receive a phone call. I try to swipe to answer the phone and nothing happens. I have to remove the back cover and take out the battery and restart the phone. I suggest restarting your phone once a day. I've noticed this happens when I don't restart my phone for a few days.

Upvote 0
since updated to build 83, the battery on my N1 dies a lot faster then before....

What settings are you using? Brightness, Wifi, 3G, etc? I have mine with Auto-Brightness, Auto Sync, 3G all the time, GPS on, no live wallpaper (for the moment), and a crap ton of widgets.... and my battery life is wonderful. Are you sure you don't have a program running in the background that's sucking power?

Upvote 0
What settings are you using? Brightness, Wifi, 3G, etc? I have mine with Auto-Brightness, Auto Sync, 3G all the time, GPS on, no live wallpaper (for the moment), and a crap ton of widgets.... and my battery life is wonderful. Are you sure you don't have a program running in the background that's sucking power?

Auto-brightness.
3G
auto sync
beautiful widge and wall paper
and thats about it. moderate use of games, map and others.
before the update the phone last about 12 hrs but now not even 8 hrs.
especially when i unplug in the morning, the battery drop to 90% in not even an hr without any use. but well, since build 83 is not the final build, i hope the final build will improve this.

Upvote 0
I find that every time I try to save an app to the sd card via setting, applications, move to card, my phone reboots itself without moving the app.... As well as this, when I try to download google sky maps it makes my phone reboot when the app is being installed.. Is there a setting that I'm overlooking that allows apps to be moved to sd card?

I'm running frf83 (now modaco R19) and radio 4.06..

Sorry if this is me being stupid.

Upvote 0
Auto-brightness.
3G
auto sync
especially when i unplug in the morning, the battery drop to 90% in not even an hr without any use. but well, since build 83 is not the final build, i hope the final build will improve this.

I havent had such problems on FRF83, tried rebooting the phone? could be a rogue app. What is your battery usage?

Upvote 0
Auto-brightness.
3G
auto sync

I was pretty sure that FRF83 was the final build.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones