• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.3 Update Starting Today

No, I think it just became official on July 30th. Anyone who got it before either flashed manually, rooted and flashed via recovery, or had some early Dev model, or were beta testers. Also, Verizon pushed a firmware update to my Galaxy S3 the same day (except it didn't change the android version).

There were plenty of normal users who got it OTA before the 30th.

Google doesn't do open beta tests or early dev releases.

When it gets released, it gets released. You just had to wait your turn

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Actually 4.3 seems to have slowed the video. When I resize I now can see the text is blurry to the point where it settles and then the text will scale properly and focus in. I try not to resize so it is not all too bad but a noticeable change.

I should note too this will happen on a long web page too when you quick scroll to the end. That is for the first time the page is loaded. Once it is in and all properly scaled the text will be razor sharp. That is unless you go to the top of the page, double tap it to resize. Once you do this the loaded sharp text is no longer there if you again quick scroll to the bottom.

My best guess here is the tablet used to force scaling to unseen portions of the page before even loaded to screen/viewed. This probably then caused memory leaks and the shutdown issues for some. This probably became even more problematic in some browsers like Chrome too................

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
I just noticed Chrome will do this is well. Just at a much faster rate, almost to the point where it is noticeable when zooming. I am not sure if this is because with the boat Browser there is zoom setting over and above the default scaling of the tablet.

so this may be a browser problem more then the upgrade in Android.we may need to start a new thread for this. Not too sure how many others though have noticed the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones