• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4 maybe!?

Exbruce

Dec 22, 2012
I was looking on android central and I came across an article saying that an android 4.4 update might be pushed out to our F3's at some point! Just wanted to let you guys know but as they said take it with a grain of salt
ejy3e2ah.jpg

Reactions: Murf1
Oh wow :/

Well 4.4 brings back the app2sd option as far as I know.

If this device does get official 4.4, expect to have significant less space.
Why would we have less space?
I would think that you would still have the 1.2gb of user space.
Isn't there a separate amount of space allotted for the operating system?
I don't know about this phone, but I thought the V was set up that way.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure google made the 4.4 rom smaller than earlier 4.x versions of android as well.

Even if this update really does happen, I doubt virgin will push it to us, they are too lazy and they would rather we just buy new phones and give them more money.

If it really does come out for the f3 though it should probably work for any f3 I would think.

Upvote 0
One of the features of KitKat 4.4 is that it will run on older, less capable hardware, so should have smaller memory use. This may be one of the reasons LG is updating so many older phones, it would be a nice upgrade if true. Freeing up more memory since they're one of the few manufacturers that are stingy with internal ROM (4 GB instead others that start with 8+ GB).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones