• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 9.0 update Night Mode

nance59

Apr 5, 2019
I received the Android 9.0 Pie update today. I have a Samsung Note 8. My phone is in night mode but night mode is not turned on. Calendar is dark, Messages is dark calculator is dark.., I do not like it! I want things lighter. I have looked every where for help. I try to turn on night mode and it says this function will not work with High Contrast Text. I have looked everywhere to change that. I have default settings. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also try and turn off the high contrast text feature and then try turning on/off night mode

I have a Samsung theme installed. I have rebooted my phone. I cannot find anything about high contrast text. Night mode setting is off, it wont let me turn it on. That's what is so weird, my phone is on night mode but it's not turned on.
Thank you for your replies.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung theme installed. I have rebooted my phone. I cannot find anything about high contrast text. Night mode setting is off, it wont let me turn it on. That's what is so weird, my phone is on night mode but it's not turned on.

I just got the update on my Note 8 as well. (As you can see, I didn't see ocnbreeze's post because I was up late updating the phone LOL)

I was playing around w/the night mode and the high contrast font. I don't see high contrast text.

To get to high contrast font:

Settings>Accessibility>Visibility enhancements>High Contrast fonts

All the other high contrast settings are there

Upvote 0

Which theme do you have installed? Was it installed prior to the Pie update?

Upvote 0
I just got the update on my Note 8 as well. (As you can see, I didn't see ocnbreeze's post because I was up late updating the phone LOL)

I was playing around w/the night mode and the high contrast font. I don't see high contrast text.

To get to high contrast font:

Settings>Accessibility>Visibility enhancements>High Contrast fonts

All the other high contrast settings are there

I have looked in every menu, setting everywhere... I cannot find high contrast fonts. Where you told me to look, I have been here a hundred times. I see high contrast keyboard. All settings here are turned off.
Thank you!

Upvote 0
You dont see this in your phone settings?

Go to Settings>Accessibility> Visibility enhancements

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190406-100507_Accessibility.jpg
    Screenshot_20190406-100507_Accessibility.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones