• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android App Suggestion?

Data

Nov 1, 2009
Boston
Hi all,
I love the write up man, nice job! I'm getting my first Android phone next week and have been scouring various websites for reviews on apps etc. I plan on picking up the new "Droid" from Verizon (all ready on pre-order). I have scoured the web reading reviews on the phone and "must have" apps.

My wife and I had our first child 6 moths ago. And its a PITA carrying a camera, recorder, and laptop to copy this stuff to once its full. With this new phone its everything we need on one, and then some. Here is the list of apps im looking to get. Please feel free to let me know if there is something better out there or that are standard on the new Droid 2.0 OS.
Thank you for you help.

-VoiceText - Seems like a good idea for when im driving.
-Movies By Flixster - We watch alot of movies =)
-Documents To Go 2.0 Main App - I plan to use this phone at work too, so this is handy.
-PicSay Pro - Photo Editor, seems like its nice to have for baby pics.
-SnapPhoto - Camera App, Not sure if this is necessary, but I hear it helps alot with pic quality.
-Pandora - Music Stream
-Power Manager
-dxTop - Home screen customizer
-Hi Aim - AOL IM
-Toggle Settings -
-Better Cut - Edit and create shortcuts
-Advanced Task Manager
-RingDroid - Ring tone maker
-Battery Widget - I don't know if power manager has the option to display battery as a widget?
-Astro - File Manger
-US Traffic
-PhoneBook - Contacts Manager
-Handcent SMS
-Mobile Defense
-Steel - Web Browser
-ShopSavvy - Babies require stuff all the time. Any money saved is good.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones