• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Desktop Stand

Hello,

I developed a product called CelJel. I use my HTC Hero (soon to be Evo) for everything and it's my only phone (no landline). I needed a stand that would allow me to watch video, listen to music or just as a phone base for any room that I was in.

The CelJel is a desktop holder that holds your Android phone at any angle, portrait or landscape and allows you to pick it up and put it down quickly without clamping it in. It's soft, heavy, grippy (so it won't slide when you touch the screen) and has a small footprint. It's made of the purest grade of high-gravity silicone rubber, comes with a screen cleaning cloth and it's made in the USA.

Thanks for reading!

Tony

www.celjel.com

Reactions: zoiko
Hi,

Looks like the sort of thing I was after. But a couple of questions:

1) how heavy is the CelJel? I take it that prodding and poking my Desire HD all day won't make the CelJel move?

2) It's difficult to see from the pictures, and your description doesn't say, but is there a 'hole' though the CelJel so that data/charging cables can be fed through to it?

3) do you ship to the UK? If so, how much?

And an observation, using Firefox a lot of the 'Links' don't work from your site. The 'Quick links' on the right hand side and the ones at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking a look at CelJel. It weighs around 9 Ounces and is soft and grippy.
There isn't a hole, it's all solid. You can still plug in your charger cord in horizontal position or vertical position over the front edge.
You can push on the screen as hard as you need to by placing your thumb on the front edge.

We do ship to the UK and the price depends on the method and area. It starts around $9.

(as far as the quick links - I know, we're getting ready to add that content!)

Thanks again,

Tony

Reactions: dvhttn
Upvote 0
As you probably are aware, the new Thunderbolt cannot be easy charged in a landscape mode with kick-stand extended. The USB port is on the bottom. Can you use CelJel to charge the TB in a landscape position? Do you have a picture of a TB resting on a CelJel?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for writing! Yes the CelJel was designed to hold phones and various smart devices at any angle or configuration. The CelJel is small, heavy and grippy so you can set your ThunderBolt on it (charging or not) and push the screen without tipping over your phone. It will grip your desk, kitchen counter, nightstand, etc. and won't slide around.

Here is a graphic I created to show how the ThunderBolt will sit on the CelJel. Take care!

CelJel-Kiwi-HTC-Thunderbolt.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones