• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Honeycomb for Tablets! Q1 2011

CriticalCritic

Android Expert
Nov 9, 2009
Cary, NC
According to the article below, "[an] LG executive said that Honeycomb is going to be released in the first quarter of next year, while Gingerbread is expected to be unveiled later this month."

Honeycomb is going to be the "tablet PC-version Android OS" and will be designed for higher resolution devices, as it will "include support for 1280

All I know is that I want to buy a Moto tablet (no less than 10") in the next 90 days. Personally, I think Moto and Verizon were stupid for not launching during the holidays, as many (including myself) would have enjoyed the last minute tax write-off. I could personally care less if they launch it with Gingerbread, and then update it to Honeycomb later.

Hopefully we'll know more in 27 days at CES. Not that I'm going, but I almost made it this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones