• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android HTC Sync 2 not installing

kotter

Lurker
May 11, 2016
Hi everyone,

I recently came across the apparently well-known bug that my HTC One M8 is not detected by the HTC Sync Manager after the most recent OS upgrade (Android v6.0). This problem occurs over all machines I have the Sync Manager installed and also persists after a re-install of the latest version. Now from what I've gathered, the most common solution to the problem is to install the AndroidHTCSync2.apk from the devices root folder. However, whenever I try to do so, the installation fails with the message 'App not installed'. Unfortunately, there is no further information as to why it's not installing properly. I have checked the option to have apps from unknown sources installed, I am connected to WiFi with internet access but nothing seems to fix this issue. Is there a way to download the most recent .apk and replace the one on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
M

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones