• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android ICS 4.0 features announced in Hong kong

dirkbonn

Android Expert
May 6, 2010
Honolulu, HI
The new features for Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 were announced earlier today in Hong Kong.

http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/10/19/googles-android-ice-cream-sandwich-4-0-has-many-new-features-face-unlock-and-android-beam-included/

My guess would be that our beloved Droid "X"'s will never see it as one of the features (face recognition) requires a front facing camera which we all know, the "X" doesn't have.

That being said, ICS 4.0 does seem to have many cool features. They're listed and described in the link above.

After reading the list, I wouldn't bet my life, but I would bet a large amount of money that my next Android phone (whatever it turns out to be) will have Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 on it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones