• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market not loading

b3bmcwi

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Hi

I'm running 2.2 on Three. Just yesterday or so I noticed Market would not load up. I've searched this forum and google's one on similar issues but clearing app caches, restarting the phone, etc do not work. After clearing the market cache and force-stopping it, it now beifly shows me the terms of service page header before reverting to the home screen of the phone.

Perhaps unrelated but the Facebook app now doesn't retrieve new notifications (601 parser error unexpected '-' at position 64). This might be because a newer version of the app has been released and market's not running properly to update it?

I uploaded 2.2 over wi-fi when three sent a notification (I'd guess two weeks ago or more) and not run it on wi-fi since.

Can anyone suggest what to do? I'm guessing Market's not the problem since there's nobody on complaining about exactly the same thing?

(I did see broadly similar issues for different droid phones but they were all full of the 'clear cache, turn airplane mode on, press volume' snake oil remedies.)

Cheers!

My EVO (Stock, updated OTA last month to Froyo) hasn't been able to access Android Market since at least 8/20/2010, giving me an error message even before the Terms of Service screen appears. (This after 10 weeks successful use before the Froyo update).

Sprint techs have no clue even with 2 escalations; after all the usual rebooting and cache clearing, they warn me AGAINST a factory reset because then I would lose the few apps I already have. Do I need to overcome my fear and follow this complex procedure? http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Please, any ideas? I would be so grateful for your advice, experts!

Patticake

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones