• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Media Service Stops Working

Makineko

Jan 17, 2020
I have a Blu R2 Plus, and I constantly get this issue where the media services stop working.

This has several ramifications, I can't take screenshots, photos, or sometimes even connect to my computer and move files.Does anyone know how to fix this? It just weirdly comes and goes, sometimes I can use my camera and everything no problem, sometimes it doesn't work, and even restarting the phone and clearing the cache doesn't fix it.

Thanks in advance.

was this a sudden issue? did it happen after an update?

and i just found this:
https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-android-process-media-has-stopped-issue-1109803
I'm not sure, it's been happening off and on for at least the past year lol. It didn't happen when I first got the phone 2 years ago. It's a pretty garbage phone though, today the power button decided to stop working so I forced a reset and it froze on the boot screen for... 3 hours? XD

Thanks, I'll try some of these suggestions and see if they work. It's hard to tell if something fixed it because it comes and goes, but I'll update my post if it comes back.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones