• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Movie Rentals

I was recently updated to Honeycomb 3.2 and now have access to the Movies tab in market. I rented and downloaded the movie to my Asus Transformer but had a lot of trouble during playback.

1. Could not get it to play the movie while connected using the HDMI port. The screen displays but when it tries to play and go full screen it just goes blank. No video or sound.

2. Even if I am connected to HDMI or not pausing the movie causes it to not be able to start play again unless I restart the movie from the beginning.

I suspect the issues are related since the behavior is similar but the cause of the pause is different (one manual one due to the configuration change).

I paused the move after about 25 min. and had to completely restart from the beginning to watch the movie.

Has anyone else tried this and had success with the stock video player with movies rented from the market?

I was recently updated to Honeycomb 3.2 and now have access to the Movies tab in market. I rented and downloaded the movie to my Asus Transformer but had a lot of trouble during playback.

1. Could not get it to play the movie while connected using the HDMI port. The screen displays but when it tries to play and go full screen it just goes blank. No video or sound.

2. Even if I am connected to HDMI or not pausing the movie causes it to not be able to start play again unless I restart the movie from the beginning.

I suspect the issues are related since the behavior is similar but the cause of the pause is different (one manual one due to the configuration change).

I paused the move after about 25 min. and had to completely restart from the beginning to watch the movie.

Has anyone else tried this and had success with the stock video player with movies rented from the market?
Heck, I couldn't even get that far. I tried to play the movie, and it stated it was already downloaded to another device, although I just rented it on my tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones