• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android newbie

godraw

Nov 24, 2011
S.W. Lower Michigan
Hey there guys and gals,

Been lurking here reading up on the diffs and nuances between the Boost phones Samsung Transform Ultra and the ZTE Warp.

Figured it's high time to join and say Howdy and offer a big thanks to anyone reading here and the other forum members for helping me decide on the Transform Ultra.

I just couldn't reconcile the lower price the Warp carries(what with seemingly better specs than the Transform) versus the specs Transform offers. While I'm certianly not a Samsung fanboy, I'm hard pressed to think of a room in the house that doesn't have a Samsung device in it and have been pleased with the brand. I'm not keen the Transform's a slider but for my first Android phone I'm more than pleased so far. Yea, I mention the price diff above but BestBuys $114.99 was hard to pass on. Bummed I couldn't get one on BF(I ain't sittin' in no line!), imagine my surprise when I went in there today and saw they have them displayed for sale in multiple places. Must have been a hundred or better of them that I saw. And still at $114.99. Oh happy days ...............

Wow! I'm certainly not in Kansas anymore what with coming from an i335. Tinkering with it tonight(just got the Transformer today) and have already paired the phone up with my trusted sidekick for the road, my nuvi 885T. Phonebook and all. Didn't go as I had expected but what does, right?

Not sure of rooting it, whether I'll have the need or not. Probably consider it after some time with it and after I get used to it. I've got some more reading to do here concerning the tracking(?) app/capabilities(?) that it apparently does.

Again, a hearty thank you for providing these forums and one too for the experienced users that hang here. It was, and will be again I'm sure, greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
... godraw

Welcome to Android Forums and congrats on the new phone. Rooting is when you need to change or require a change in my mind. I've never rooted a device... but, I've been happy with them stock. I do definitely enjoy the fact that I can root if I so desire. I'm glad you have been enjoying these forums and it's great you decided to join. There is a thanks button on the bottom of each message here at AF. It's a nice gesture to leave a thank you when someone has helped. And helping is what these forums are all about. I hope you continue to enjoy these forums and will use the information here to get the most out of your new phone. Have fun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones