• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android optimizing apps

Ninko

Jan 18, 2012
Hi,
This problem started out of the blue today.

I had to restart my phone as it was being really slow, and ever since my phone says Android is starting, optimizing apps 2 of 2 before fully loading up. This is happening after every restart and although it appears to load up fine, it's annoying waiting for it to finish optimizing apps every time.

After some digging, I managed to find out Zedge appears to be one of the two apps that Android is optimizing as after uninstalling Zedge and restating it's optimizing 1 of 1 apps, reinstalling Zedge results back to 2 of 2 apps again.

I don't understand what's going on, any ideas please?

Thanks

Ninko

Hmm, that optimizing app bit usually occurs when clearing the cache/dalvik cache from recovery.

Not sure why it is doing it via a normal restart.

Try booting into recovery and clearing the cache from there and restart. When booted up and running, try a normal restart to see if that issue persists.?

Edit: oops, thought I posted the link:
http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-g800f-galaxy-s5-mini/recovery-mode/

Also, don't wipe your data/factory reset from recovery, just wipe the cache :D

Upvote 0
Hi,
This problem started out of the blue today.

I had to restart my phone as it was being really slow, and ever since my phone says Android is starting, optimizing apps 2 of 2 before fully loading up. This is happening after every restart and although it appears to load up fine, it's annoying waiting for it to finish optimizing apps every time.

After some digging, I managed to find out Zedge appears to be one of the two apps that Android is optimizing as after uninstalling Zedge and restating it's optimizing 1 of 1 apps, reinstalling Zedge results back to 2 of 2 apps again.

I don't understand what's going on, any ideas please?

Thanks

Ninko
Had this issue and it was taking 10 minutes exactly anytime I restarted my phone. It was only one app and I didn't know which one. After process of elimination I found it was my Wattpad app causing the issue. U installed and it stopped happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones